The British company PROGRESS Wrestling held on May 27 a new event, Chapter 70: May 27th, 1978, from the Electric Ballroom in Camden, London. The event was characterized by set in the 70’s. Consequently, most wrestlers used a gimmick according to the theme, different from the usual and did not follow the current stories of the company. Even so, two matches were held corresponding to the Thunderbastard Tag Team Series and a semifinal of the Natural Progression Series.
Below are the full results:
Jimmy Barnett (Jim Smallman), the man who had remembered the event 40 years ago was in charge of opening the show.
– The Mod & The Rocker ( “Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Haskins)  defeated Greased Lightning (Connor Mills and Maverick Mayhew)  in Thunderbastard Tag Team Series.
– “The Misfit” Chris Only (Chris Brookes) defeated Catweazle Jr.
– “The Black Belt” Chris Ridgeway defeated “Peace Loving” Drew Parker and advanced to the final of the Natural Progression Series.
– The Sheepwhackers (Travis Banks and TK Cooper) were imposed on “Shiny Disco Balls” The Phantasmo and “Fighting Irish” Jordan Devlin in a match described as crazy. This was the debut of El Phantasmo in PROGRESS.
– The Kings of Europe (Zack Gibson and James Drake)  defeated The Billabong Boys (Mark Davis and Kyle Fletcher)  in the Thunderbastard Tag Team Series.
– Nina Sparkles (Nina Samuels) defeated “Bonnie” Dawn Island.
– Jizzy Jizzbourne (Jimmy Havoc) defeated AJ Streetsmith (Jack Sexsmith) after running a Piledriver .
– “Double Meat” Popeye Mulligan (Matt Cross) defeated “The King of Bogans” Andrew Wilmot (Adam Brooks). The selection of the star bout surprised the fans who ended up describing it as disappointing.
The current classification of the Thunderbastard Tag Team Series is below. CCK, Anti-Fun Police, and Sexy Starr have not yet played their first match.
1- Grizzled Young Veterans (2 points).
2- Mark Haskins and “Flash” Morgan Webster (2 points).
3- Aussie Open (2 points).
4- #CCK (0 points).
5- Anti-Fun Police (0 points).
6- Sexy Starr (0 points).
7- M & M (0 points).
The next PROGRESS event will be on June 10, 2018, at the O2 Academy in Sheffield. To date, the only confirmed match for the event is the semifinal of the Natural Progression Series that will face Mark Davis and Danny Duggan. The winner will face Chris Ridgeway who is already expecting a rival in the final.