Jack Evans, former Lucha Underground Trio champion confirmed through his social networks that he was abandoning the El Rey Network series. The fighter joined the farewell of Angelico who also revealed his departure from Lucha Underground. In this way, the series loses two great talents at once.
Through some statements in his official Twitter account Jack Evans says that the main cause of his departure will have been that he will have lied about his contract, although he also points out that the catalyst for his decision was the fighter, Ivelisse Vélez. As Evans points out both maintained a strong argument after which he decided to leave it.
the main reasonvwas being oied to about the contract, but the catalyst was ivelisse and i got in a huge arguement, she said it was because she is a girl and i cant stand SJWism so i just quit.
— Jack Evans (@JackEvans711) April 11, 2018
With this announcement, Jack Evans confirms his departure after reports that the abandonment of the two fighters will occur in the coming days. A few days ago, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter’s specialist journalist, Dave Meltzer, announced that the two will have asked for his release from the company but that the Lucha Underground board will have accepted Evans’ departure while they denied Angelico’s resignation.
One of the reasons that Meltzer cited for the departure was the explanation of the duration of the contract. since, although it had been announced as 7 seasons the series was expected to record twice a year, so the final extension will be only 3 ½ years.
Jack Evans currently has stopped working at the Mexican company The Crash making few independent appearances throughout 2018. The last fight that Evans has made in an event related to Lucha Underground was in the special Impact Wrestling vs. Underground fight on April 6, where he faced Moose, Matt Sydal, Caleb Konley, Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Matanza Cueto.