Monday Night Raw will celebrate its 25th anniversary on January 22 in New York, in a show that will feature current legends and superstars that will be divided into two stadiums, the Manhattan Center (where it all began) and the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Here we tell you some of the most important milestones of the Raw program in these 25 years of existence:
WWE Monday Night Raw is number 1:
- Since October, October 23, 2006, is the longest weekly show in the history of American television.
- Since 2006, it has made USA Network (the North American network where it is broadcast weekly) the channel that heads the list of “Entertainment Channels” both in the 18-49 year age group and in P2 +.
- Monday Night Raw is the most watched live show of 2017.
Since 1997, it is broadcast every Monday live on the same channel and on the same day.
- It has been established in a solid way among the most watched shows of Monday night.
- Raw has more viewers than any other primetime show, including the NFL and any other sport.
- It is the first program adults choose to watch with children, more than the NFL, NHL, NBA or NASCAR.
- It has been in the top 5 cable TV programs throughout 2017.
Monday Night Raw Audience:
- Monday Night Raw is aimed at a multicultural audience, encompassing more nationalities than the NBA.
- More than 40% of the audience are women.
WWE – In numbers
- WWE programs can be viewed in more than 800 million homes and in more than 180 countries and 20 different languages.
- WWE has more than 850 million followers on social networks.
- Forbes has included Wrestlemania among the 10 most valuable sports brands in the world, second only to the Super Bowl, the Olympic Games, the FIFA World Cup and the NCAA Men’s Final.
- According to Parks Associates, WWE ranks second in sports channel subscriptions just behind MBL.tv.
- It is the second most watched channel on YouTube with 17 Billion views since its inception, surpassing the MBL, NBA, NFL, NHL, ESPN, NASCAR and FIFA (the first most watched in the category of sports channels).
- WWE has a generates an annual value of 1 trillion dollars.
- John Cena is the most followed sportsman in North America (social networks) and the sixth in the world with more than 45 million followers on Facebook.
- WWE was the most tweeted brand in 2017, being TT during the 52 weeks of the year.
- In 2017 he had more than 500 live events including 80 at international shows in 25 countries.
- More than 40% of the roster comes from abroad, including China, India, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Great Britain, the Netherlands or Germany.