USA Network will air SmackDown Live episode 991 this week from the Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, SC.
– AJ Styles has something else to talk to Samoa Joe. Last week, the WWE champion made his appearance to respond to his rival in SummerSlam who had called him “unsuccessful father”. AJ assured that Joe will be lucky to get out of one piece of the SummerSlam ring. What else will he have to say tonight?
– Aiden English will face Andrade Cien Almas in a one on one. During the last weeks, English has tried to help Rusev and Lana, but the only thing he has achieved is that Rusev Day adds more losses in his personal locker. Last week, English tried again, but it caused the defeat of Lana before Zelina Vega. This week he will try to fix this issue on his own.
I know it’s been a hard few weeks for #RusevDay but I swore to make it up to @RusevBUL & @LanaWWE – so ahead of their #SummerSlam match, I’m demanding here and now to face @AndradeCienWWE 1 on 1 this Tuesday on #SDLive – I’ll do whatever it takes. https://t.co/P881KA0koN
— Aiden English (@WWEDramaKing) August 11, 2018
– The New Day (Big E, Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston) will face SAnitY (Eric Young, Killian Dane, and Alexander Wolfe) in a tag team match. Aspiring SmackDown tag team Champions want to warm up before facing the Bludgeon Brothers in SummerSlam and what better way to do it against the rivals who won in the first round of the tournament that gave them access to that title fight.
– Carmella, Becky Lynch, and Charlotte Flair will meet for the last time before their match at SummerSlam for the SmackDown Women’s Championship. Last week, Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair fought together and beat The Iiconics, but the Irishman warned that they will not have the same tune in the biggest event of the summer. Will Carmella take the moment to fan a tension between his rivals?
– Mandy Rose will face Sonya Deville in an individual match due to a complaint that Rose posted on Twitter this week. Rose complained that Paige is not fair in terms of opportunities, as her ex-PCB teammates will fight for the title at SummerSlam. Because of that message, Paige decided to announce a struggle between her ex-partners.