New Japan Pro Wrestling held a special new show this morning from the Ryogoku Sumo Hall in Tokyo. King of Pro-Wrestling came loaded with a strong card in which we highlighted the triple threat for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship between Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi and Cody. This bout was orchestrated after the main event of Fighting Spirit Unleashed, where Kenny Omega offered Ibushi a starting chance but Cody, who had won that same night the IWGP US Championship, intervened and got involved in the fight.
– Suzuki-gun (The Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru) defeated Jushin Liger and Tiger Mask IV to retain the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship.
– Great Bash Heel (Togi Makabe and Tomoaki Honma) beat Juice Robinson & Toa Henare.
– Firing Squad (Bad Luck Fale, Taiji Ishimori, Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa) beat Bullet Club (The Young Bucks, Chase Owens, and Hangman Page) in a team match. Tama Tonga got the victory for his team after applying Gun Stun on Owens.
-Chaos (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii and Will Ospreay) beat Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Taichi and Takashi Iizuka). Chaos took the victory when Will Ospreay ironed Taichi after applying the Storm Breaker.
After the fight, Will Ospreay lifted the Tabit NEVER Openweight Championship which we interpreted that they will face shortly.
Before starting the next fight, Naito introduces us to the mysterious fighter who will join Los Ingobernables. The fighter appears with a mask and reveals his identity when he arrives in the ring. Shingo Takagi is the new member of The Ingobernables.
– The Ungovernables of Japan (BUSHI, SANADA, Tetsuya Naito and Shingo Takagi) defeated Chaos (Kazuchika Okada, SHO, Toru Yano and YOH) applied Last Falconry on SHO.
EVIL appears with a group of druids and climbs into the ring. One of the druids attacks him in the apron and finishes him with the Code Breaker. The druid reveals his identity and is Chris Jericho. Zack Saber Jr. appears and attacks EVIL while Jericho leaves. Tetsuya Naito also appears and performs the salve.
– KUSHIDA defeated Marty Scurll to become the new Junior Heavyweight IWGP champion. KUSHIDA got the victory for the account of three after applying the Back to the Future.
– Hiroshi Tanahashi beat “Switchblade” Jay White to retain the G1 Climax 28 contract. Tanahashi won the match after investing the Blade Runner in a small package. In this way, Tanahashi will fight for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship in G1 Climax 28.
After the match, Jay White hits Tanahashi but Okada intervenes. Okada attacks Gedo, who was watching the fight from ringside. The Firing Squad climbs into the ring and offers Okada to choose to attack Gedo or Jado. Okada is about to attack Gedo but receives the Gun Stun from Tama Tonga. Jay White gets into the ring, attacks Okada with the Blade Runner and poses with The Firing Squad.
– Kenny Omega beat Cody Rhodes and Kota Ibushi in the main event to retain the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. Omega got the win by the count of three after applying the One-Winged Angel over Ibushi. In this way, the combat between Kenny Omega against Hiroshi Tanahashi in G1 Climax 28 is confirmed.