New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW) has celebrated the end of their heavyweight tag team tournament: ” World Tag League 2018 “. The last day of competition has taken place from the Iwate Industrial Center in Iwate and it has been broadcasted live through the official platform of the company, New Japan World, with the option of comments in English with Kevin Kelly and Excalibur.
– Manabu Nakanishi, TenCozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima) and Yuji Nagata defeated Ayato Yoshida, Shota Umino, Toa Henare, and Togi Makabe by the count of three when Kojima applied a lariat on Yoshida.
– Suzuki-gun (Davey Boy Smith, Jr., Lance Archer, Takashi Iizuka, and Minoru Suzuki) beat Best Friends (Beretta and Chuckie T), Jeff Cobb and Michael Elgin via disqualification when Chuckie T hit the members of Suzuki-gun with a chair. Chuckie T also hit his teammates.
– Chaos (SHO, Tomohiro Ishii and YOH defeated El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Zack Saber, Jr. by the count of three after Tomohiro Ishii applied the Brainbuster on Kanemaru to take the victory.
– The Ungovernables of Japan (BUSHI, Shingo Takagi and Tetsuya Naito) defeated The Elite (Chase Owens, Hangman Page, and Yujiro Takahashi) by the count of three when Naito apportioned Destiny over Owens.
– Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, “Switchblade” Jay White and Taiji Ishimori) beat Chaos (Kazuchika Okada and Toru Yano) and KUSHIDA by the count of three when Fale applied the Grenade on Yano. After the fight, Bullet Club attacks the good guys until Togi Makabe appears with a chain in his hand and chases them away.
– The Elite (Kenny Omega, Marty Scurll, Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) beat FunJuice (David Finlay and Juice Robinson), Hiroshi Tanahashi and Ryusuke Taguchi by the count of three when The Young Bucks applied the IndyTaker on Taguchi.
– Will Ospreay beat Taichi to become the number-one contender for the NEVER Openweight Championship. Ospreay achieved the victory by the count of three after applying the Storm Breaker on his rival.
– Kota Ibushi beat Hirooki Goto to become the NEW NEVER Openweight champion. Ibushi achieved the victory by the count of three after applying the Kamigoye in a fight that lasted approximately 16 minutes.
After the match, Will Ospreay makes his appearance and challenges Kota Ibushi to a fight for the Championship at Wrestle Kingdom 13, emphasizing that he has always wanted to fight against him. Ibushi accepts. Both end the segment shaking hands in respect.
– The Ungovernables of Japan (EVIL and SANADA) defeated Guerillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa) to win the World Tag League 2018 tournament. EVIL and SANADA took the victory by the count of three, ironing Tama Tonga in the process.
#njwtl 2018優勝決定戦(12/9)を公開！@151012EVIL & @seiyasanada VS @Tama_Tonga & @TangaloaNJPW ！IWGPタッグ王者 VS 前年度WTL覇者の決勝戦！一進一退の激しい攻防！
視聴＆登録▷https://t.co/wXZFUGRjfk#njpwworld #njpw pic.twitter.com/pDT8QUx5XE
— njpwworld (@njpwworld) December 9, 2018
After the match, EVIL and SANADA make a promo but are interrupted by the Young Bucks, who remember that they did not participate in the tournament and that they never had an official rematch. For that reason, they want to fight against the champions by IWGP pairs in WrestleKingdom 13. SANADA comments to carry out a triple threat, but it is not made official.