ROH Honor United: Edinburgh Results (5/24): The Briscoes vs. Bullet Club
Ring of Honor (ROH) returns to the United Kingdom. This Thursday, May 24, ROH held the first event of its Honor United 2018 tour. The best fighters of the company in collaboration with some British talents and New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW), will present a total of three shows this week in the United Kingdom.
The first evening will take place in the city of Edinburgh. The show like the other two will be broadcast live on the Honor Club online platform. This event will witness the debut of the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) champion, Nick Aldis, and the return of some talents like Mark Haskins, Hiroshi Tanahashi or Toru Yano.
Below is the results of ROH Honor United: Edinburgh:
– EVIL & SANADA defeated Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian in a tag team match (IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship is not defended). Daniels and Kaz control the initial part of the fight with their dirty game. In the end, EVIL connects Everything is EVIL over Daniels for the count of three.
– Kelly Klein & Chardonnay defeated Sumie Sakai & Tenille Dashwood in a Women of Honor match. Chardonnay debut at ROH. Klein takes advantage of the referee being entertained with the action outside the ring to take the champion belt. Klein tries to hit Tenille but she dodges it. Tenille takes the championship and the referee takes it from him. Klein surprises Dashwood with a fast Roll-Up for the count of three.
– Punishment Martinez defeated Kenny King in an individual match. Combat controlled by Martinez. King looks for victory with a small package, but Martinez stops the referee’s count with his own hands. The giant of ROH connects a kick in the neck of his rival, followed by South of Heaven Chokeslam for the count of three.
– The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) defeated Nick Aldis & Mark Haskins in a tag team match. Solid confrontation, the best of the night so far. Aldis and Haskins take the role of heels , with Aldis doing the ‘dirty work’ and Haskins contributing the great and spectacular movements. There are several false endings including an Indy Taker on the part of the NWA champion. In the end, Meltzer Driver of the Bucks on Haskins for the count of three.
– The Boys defeated Toru Yano & Delirious in a tag team match. Good comic showdown to open the second half of the show. The public laughs at all times and each fighter offers his typical gags . The Boys get the victory on account of three on Delirious. Bully Ray appears after the match and knocks out The Boys with Powerbombs .
– Silas Young defeated Joe Hendry to retain the ROH World TV Championship.
– The Kingdom (Taven, O’Ryan & Marseglia) defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi, Dalton Castle & Jay Lethal to RETAIN the ROH world Six-man championship. Taven is so confident that he decides to make this fight a titular fight. The faces have everything under control, but Taven hits the referee with a Disaster Kick by mistake. EVIL appears and knocks out Castle. Taven breaks his center in Lethal’s back. Rockstar Supernova for the former world champion for the final three count.
– The Briscoes (Mark & Jay) defeated Bullet Club (Cody & Hangman Page) in the main combat of the night to retain the world championship. Hard and intense combat. 20 minutes of action, the best of the whole show. The two teams seem to be close to victory. Hard confrontations between Cody and Jay. In the end, Jay Briscoe hits Low Blow on Page and then applies his Jay Driller . Mark holds Cody to prevent him from entering the ring to save his partner. The referee counts three.