Former IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion KUSHIDA has announced this morning that he will leave New Japan Pro-Wrestling on January 31. The announcement has been made official at a press conference after the Wrestle Kingdom 13 where more announcements have been made, such as the billboards of The New Beginning in Osaka and Sapporo.
“I will leave NJPW on January 31,” KUSHIDA said. “This was an extremely difficult decision made with Meij, Sugabayashi, and Kidani (members of the management of NJPW) It is a very important decision in my life and I appreciate your understanding, I will go abroad to be part of the professional wrestling world. I’ve been here in NJPW for 8 years, I was surprised by the size of the business when I came in and I’m proud to have been able to work here, the warm welcome and the words of the fans made me who I am and what I am. they”.
“If I had something left to achieve, I would not leave,” KUSHIDA said. “But I will give it all in this last month, there have been many people who have influenced me in these 8 years: Liger, Tana, Shibata, Makabe and Tiger Hattori, everyone enjoys the fight.”
During the last weeks we have reported that KUSHIDA would have reached a pre-agreement with WWE, so it is likely that the Japanese wrestler will be presented in February.