What future for Paige in WWE?
During the episode of Smackdown Live on Tuesday, December 18, the McMahon family decided to resume the blue show in hand, after doing the same on the side of RAW. The main decision of the evening was to push Paige to the exit. The latter is no longer the general manager of Smackdown and we can ask what the WWE will reserve for him. Several voices have begun to talk about a return to competition, but that seems unfortunately impossible at the moment.
Mike Johnson told the PW Insider website that Paige will not be back in the ring. She suffers from an injury similar to that of Edge and his career may well never be able to take off again. However, given its popularity, the former champion of divas could be entitled to a new role within the company. Shane McMahon teased him at Smackdown, saying that she was not leaving and that the roles are only changing.
So what’s the future for Paige? The Ringside News mentioned several possibilities that could be offered to her. Of course, these are only assumptions that are absolutely unofficial. Here is the list :
- General Manager 205 Live – Drake Maverick will have to give up his position since he is currently a manager of AOP on RAW side. In addition, the show cruiserweights would need a strong figure to be represented.
- Lars Sullivan Manager – This is a pretty amazing idea but Paige already has experience in this field with Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville.
- Smackdown Live commentator – Renee Young has proven herself to RAW and WWE could give Paige the same opportunity, since she’s pretty good at the microphone.
- Coach at the Performance Center – Paige has a lot of experience and would be perfect to lead the future superstars of the company.
- Hall of Famer – Although her career was “short” at the WWE, she still did great things, becoming, for example, the first NXT champion in history. The WWE quickly made Edge a Hall of Famer after his forced retirement.
- The reality star – The young Briton is showing Total Divas and a film about her life is in preparation. She could put the package in this area.
For its part, PW Insider suggested that Paige could hold up a consultant during the kick-off in the manner of Booker. This seems a little more plausible. We remind of course that nothing is official at the moment. And what do you see for Paige’s future in the WWE or outside?